Dr. rer. pol. habil, Professor of Economics, in particular European Economic Policies, at the Berlin School of Economics and Law since 2009. Previously, Senior Researcher at the Macroeconomic Policy Institute (IMK), Hans Böckler Foundation, Düsseldorf, Visiting Professor at the University of Hamburg and Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, and Adj. Professor at Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg. Eckhard Hein is a member of the coordinating committee of the Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies (FMM), a co-editor of the ‘Series of the Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies’ (Metropolis Publisher), a managing co-editor of the ‘European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention’, and a Research Associate at the Levy Economics Institute.
- Financial system and the macroeconomy
- European economic policies and macroeconomic policy regimes
- Distribution and growth
- Post-Keynesian macroeconomics
- Money, Distribution Conflict and Capital Accumulation. Contributions to ‘Monetary Analysis’, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- A Modern Guide to Keynesian Macroeconomics and Economic Policies, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2011 (editor with E. Stockhammer).
- The Macroeconomics of Finance-dominated Capitalism - and its Crisis, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Distribution and Growth after Keynes: A Post-Keynesian Guide, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar 2014.
- The German Financial System and the Financial and Economic Crisis, Cham et al.: Springer International, 2017 (co-authored with D. Detzer, N. Dodig, T. Evans, H. Herr, F. Prante).