Dr. Christoph Hermann visiting faculty member and visiting researcher, University of California, Berkeley. Before visiting professor at HWR (2012-2013), lecturer at the University of Vienna and senior researcher at the Working Life Research Centre in Vienna. From 2006 to 2009 co-coordinator of the EU research project ‘Privatization of Public Services and Impacts on Employment, Productivity and Service Quality’ and steering committee member of the EU project ‘Privatisation and the European Social Model’.
- Political economy of work, employment and social security
- European Integration
- Capitalism and the Political Economy of Working Time. Routledge, London & New York, 2015.
- Privatization of Public Services. Impacts for Employment, Working Conditions, and Service Quality in Europe. Herausgegeben mit Jörg Flecker. Routledge, New York, 2012.
- The public sector and equality, forthcoming Global Social Policy.
- Crisis, structural reform and the dismantling of the European Social Model(s), forthcoming Economic and Industrial Democracy.
- Structural adjustment and neoliberal convergence in labour markets and welfare: The impact of the crisis and austerity measures on European economic and social models, Competition and Change 18(2).