Dr. rer. pol. Dirk Ehnts is a research assistant at the Chair of European Economics at the TU Chemnitz. Previously, Ehnts was a deputy professor at the European University of Flensburg and a deputy professor of Latin American macroeconomics at the Free University of Berlin. Prior to that, he was a guest lecturer in economics, in particular macroeconomics, money and currency, at the Berlin School of Economics and Law (2012-2014).
Ehnts is a representative of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) and spokesman of the board of Pufendorf-Gesellschaft e. V. Berlin. He is the author of "Geld und Kredit: Eine €-päische Perspektive" (Metropolis, 2nd edition), which was published in English as "Modern Monetary Theory and European Macroeconomics" by Routledge. A textbook on macroeconomics is in preparation and will probably be published by the end of 2019. Ehnts organised the first European MMT Conference on 1 and 2 February 2019.
I. Monetary Theory
- Connections between the finance ministry and the central bank
- A balance sheet perspective of the economy ("balance sheet approach")
- Inflation and price levels
- Historical theory: Wicksell, Keynes, Post-Keynesianism, Modern Money Theory (MMT)
- Regional Focus: China, Europe, Latin America, USA
- Modeling economies
- Crises and depressions
- International macroeconomics
- Monetary macroeconomics
III. Methodology, Ontology and Epistemology
- George Soros and his Theory of Reflexivity
- Paul Davidson and Non-Ergodicity
- The methodology of stock-flow consistent (SFC) models